In this course, students will use, create, and edit content in a team website. Students will also create and perform basic management of a team site using SharePoint Foundation 2010.
Length Days: 2 | Length Hours: 16
To ensure your success, we recommend that you first:
· Take any or all of Element K’s courses in the Microsoft Office 2010 curriculum and possess power-user familiarity with at least one of the applications.
· Experience accessing information via a web browser.
This course is designed for individuals who will need to access information on a Microsoft SharePoint team site or for individuals who may need to create and manage a team website.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· identify basic functions of collaboration technology and Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 team sites.
· add and modify list items and work with list views.
· add, edit, and share documents across libraries and wikis.
· communicate and collaborate with team members.
· work remotely with SharePoint content.
· customize your SharePoint environment.
· create a team site.
· perform basic site administration.
1 – Introducing Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
· Describe Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
· Describe the Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Team Site
2 – Working with Lists
· Add List Items
· Modify List Items
· Change List Views
3 – Working with Libraries
· Add Documents to a Library
· Edit Library Documents
· Share Documents Across Libraries
· Create Wiki Pages
· Request Access to SharePoint Content
4 – Communicating with Team Members
· Participate in a Discussion Board
· Contribute to Blogs
· Collaborate via the People and Groups List
5 – Working Remotely with SharePoint Content
· Access SharePoint Content from Mobile Devices
· Work Offline with SharePoint Content in Microsoft Office 2010
· Work Offline with Shared Calendars
6 – Customizing Your SharePoint Environment
· Customize Personal and Regional Settings
· Personalizing the Page View with Web Parts
· Create an Alert
· Subscribe to an RSS Feed
7 – Creating a Team Site
· Create a Site
· Create a Workspace
· Create a List
· Create a Library
· Create a Discussion Board
· Create Views
· Create a Survey
8 – Performing Basic Site Administration
· Manage Users and Groups
· Manage Site Look and Feel