In this course, students will extend a SharePoint site by including server-side controls and administer a SharePoint site.
Length Days: 1 | Length Hours: 8
Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 – Level 1
This course is intended for entry-level SharePoint solution developers who are currently capable of creating basic SharePoint sites using the out-of-the-box functionality provided by the built-in SharePoint Designer templates, and who now want to extend or create SharePoint sites with functionality by incorporating server web controls, data controls, customized workflows, and administration.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· provide user interactivity to their websites using ASP.NET forms.
· implement custom content types.
· integrate SharePoint sites with other data sources.
· manipulate external data sources.
· implement advanced data integration techniques.
· create different types of workflows.
· administer a SharePoint site using administration tools in SharePoint Designer 2010.
1 – Working with ASP.NET Forms
· Create an ASP.NET Form
· Modify Form Control Properties
· Validate Inputs
2 – Implementing Custom Content Types
· Create Custom Content Types
· Add Custom Content Types to a List
3 – Integrating SharePoint Sites with Data Sources
· Access a Data Source
· Manipulate the Data in Data View
4 – Manipulating External Data Sources
· Create External Content Types
· Create an External List
5 – Implementing Advanced Data Integration Using SharePoint Designer 2010
· Display Data from a Linked Data Source in a Data View
· Deploy Web Services
· Manage Web Part Zones
· Display XML Data with XSLT
6 – Creating Workflows
· Create a Site Workflow
· Create a Reusable Workflow
7 – Administering a SharePoint Site Using SharePoint Designer 2010
· Manage Permissions for SharePoint Designer 2010
· Save a Customized Site as a SharePoint Site Template