This course offers students the opportunity to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. This course focuses on the considerations necessary when building a highly available solution in the cloud.
Length Days: 4
10979 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Before attending this course, students must have experience working with the Azure platform. They will also have a general understanding of ASP.NET and C# concepts for the lab scenario. Candidates experience can include:
- Compare services available in the Azure platform
- Configure and deploy ASP.NET web applications
- Creating AzureWebSitesfrom the gallery
- Deploying and monitoring AzureWebSites
- Creating and configuring Azure Virtual Machines
- Describe the relationship between Cloud Services and Virtual Machines
- Deploy existing Cloud Service packages
- Create and manage a Storage account
- Manage blobs and containers in a Storage account
- Create, configure and connect to a SQL Databases instance
- Identify the implications of importing a SQL Standalone database
- Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance
- Create a virtual network
- Implement a point to site network
The candidates targeted by this training have basic experience in implementing and monitoring Microsoft Azure solutions. Candidates are also proficient with the development tools, techniques, and approaches used to build application solutions.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Compare the services available in the Azure platform.
- Configure and deploy web applications.
- Creating Azure Web Apps from the gallery.
- Deploying and monitoring Azure Web Apps.
- Creating and configuring Azure Virtual Machines.
- Create and manage a storage account.
- Manage blobs and containers in a storage account.
- Create, configure and connect to a SQL Databases instance.
- Identify the implications of importing a SQL standalone database.
- Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance.
- Create a virtual network.
- Implement a point-to-site network.
1 – OVERVIEW OF THE MICROSOFT AZURE PLATFORM
- Azure Services
- Management Portals
Lab : Using the Azure Preview Portal
2 – BUILDING APPLICATION INFRASTRUCTURE IN AZURE
- Constructing Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure Virtual Machine Workloads
- Migrating Azure Virtual Machine Instances
- Highly Available Azure Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Configuration Management
- Customizing Azure Virtual Machine Networking
- Lab : Creating an Azure Virtual Machine for Development and Testing
3 – HOSTING WEB APPLICATIONS ON THE AZURE PLATFORM
- Azure Web Apps
- Hosting Web Applications in Azure
- Configuring an Azure Web App
- Publishing an Azure Web App
- Lab : Creating an ASP.NET Web App by Using Azure Web Apps
4 – STORING SQL DATA IN AZURE
- Storing SQL Data in Azure
- Managing SQL Databases in Azure
- Azure SQL Database Tools
- Securing and Recovering an Azure SQL Database Instance
- Lab : Storing Event Data in Azure SQL Databases
5 – DESIGNING CLOUD APPLICATIONS FOR RESILIENCY
- Application Design Practices for Highly Available Applications
- Application Analytics
- Building High Performance Applications by Using ASP.NET
- Common Cloud Application Patterns
- Caching Application Data
6 – STORING TABULAR DATA IN AZURE
- Azure Storage Overview
- Azure Storage Tables Overview
- Table Entity Transactions
- Lab : Storing Event Registration Data in Azure Storage Tables
7 – STORING AND CONSUMING FILES FROM AZURE STORAGE
- Storage Blobs
- Controlling Access to Storage Blobs and Containers
- Configuring Azure Storage Accounts
- Azure Files
- Lab : Storing Generated Documents in Azure Storage Blobs
8 – DESIGNING A COMMUNICATION STRATEGY BY USING QUEUES AND SERVICE BUS
- Azure Storage Queues
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure Service Bus Queues
- Azure Service Bus Relay
- Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs
- Lab : Using Queues and Service Bus to Manage Communication Between
9 – AUTOMATING INTEGRATION WITH AZURE RESOURCES
- Azure SDK Client Libraries
- Scripting Azure Service Management by Using Windows
- Azure REST Interface
- Azure Resource Manager
- Lab : Automating the Creation of Azure Assets using PowerShell
10 – SECURING AZURE WEB APPLICATIONS
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure AD Directories
- Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication