Length Days: 5 | Length Hours: 40
After completing this course, students will be able to:
· Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
· Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
· Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
· Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
· Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
· Create Web applications that support offline operations.
· Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
· Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
· Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
· Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
· Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
1 – Overview of HTML and CSS
· Overview of HTML
· Overview of CSS
· Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2012
· Lab : Exploring the Contoso Conference Application
2 – Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
· Creating an HTML5 Page
· Styling an HTML5 Page
· Lab : Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
· Introduction to jQuery
4 – Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
· Overview of Forms and Input Types
· Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
Lab : Creating a Form and Validating User Input
5 – Communicating with a Remote Data Source
· Sending and Receiving Data by Using XMLHTTPRequest
· Sending and Receiving Data by Using jQuery AJAX operations
· Lab : Communicating with a Remote Data Source
6 – Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
· Styling Text
· Styling Block Elements
· CSS3 Selectors
· Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
· Lab : Styling Text and Block Elements using CSS3
· Creating Custom Objects
· Extending Objects
· Lab : Refining Code for Maintainability and Extensibility
8 – Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
· Interacting with Files
· Incorporating Multimedia
· Reacting to Browser Location and Context
· Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
· Lab : Creating Interactive Pages by Using HTML5 APIs
9 – Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
· Reading and Writing Data Locally
· Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
· Lab : Adding Offline Support to a Web Application
10 – Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
· Supporting Multiple Form Factors
· Creating an Adaptive User Interface
· Lab : Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
11 – Creating Advanced Graphics
· Creating Interactive Graphics by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
· Programmatically Drawing Graphics by Using a Canvas
· Lab : Creating Advanced Graphics
12 – Animating the User Interface
· Applying CSS Transitions
· Transforming Elements
· Applying CSS Key-frame Animations
· Lab : Animating User Interface Elements
13 – Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
· Introduction to Web Sockets
· Sending and Receiving Data by Using Web Sockets
· Lab : Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
14 – Creating a Web Worker Process
· Introduction to Web Workers
· Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using a Web Worker
· Lab : Creating a Web Worker Process