This course will teach students how to plan, configure, & manage the advanced features in a SharePoint 2016 environment. The areas of focus for this course include implementing high availability, disaster recovery, & service application architecture.
Length Days: 5 | Length Hours: 40
20339-1 Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016
An ideal candidate for this course must have at least one year experience with deploying and administering multiple SharePoint Server 2013 farms across a large enterprise.
The course is targeted at experienced IT Professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud. Students typically should have more than four years of hands-on experience* planning and maintaining SharePoint Server and other core technologies upon which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 R2 or later, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking infrastructure services.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
· Describe the core SharePoint 2016 architecture and its new and improved features.
· Describe the key hybrid features in SharePoint 2016.
· Plan and design a SharePoint 2016 environment to meet requirements for high availability and disaster recovery.
· Plan and implement Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service.
· Configure and manage productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Plan and configure social computing features.
· Plan and configure web content management for an Internet-facing environment.
· Plan and configure Enterprise Content Management in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Plan and configure business intelligence solutions.
· Plan and configure work management, productivity, and collaboration platforms and features.
· Perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint 2016.
1 – Introduction to SharePoint 2016
· The core SharePoint 2016 architecture
· New features in SharePoint 2016
· Lab: Reviewing core Microsoft SharePoint concepts
2 – Introduction to hybrid scenarios for SharePoint 2016
· Exploring the hybrid features in SharePoint 2016
· Hybrid architectures in SharePoint 2016
· Configuring a one-way hybrid search, and configuring OneDrive for Business
· Lab: Configuring a Microsoft Office 365 tenant
· Lab: Configuring one-way hybrid search and configuring OneDrive for Business
3 – Planning and Designing for Business Continuity Management
· Designing database topologies for high availability and disaster recovery
· Designing a SharePoint 2016 infrastructure for high availability
· Planning for disaster recovery
· Lab: Planning for high availability
· Lab: Designing a backup and restore plan, and performing a backup and a restore
4 – Planning and Implementing Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service
· Configuring BCS
· Configuring the Secure Store Service
· Managing BCS models
· Lab: Configuring Business Connectivity Services and the Secure Store Service
· Lab: Managing Business Data Connectivity models
5 – Configuring Productivity Services for a SharePoint 2016 Deployment
· Understanding the SharePoint app architecture
· Provisioning and configuring apps and app catalogs
· Managing apps
· Provisioning productivity services
· Lab: Configuring and managing SharePoint apps and app catalogs
6 – Managing Solutions in a SharePoint 2016 Deployment
· Understanding the SharePoint solution architecture
· Managing farm solutions
· Managing sandboxed solutions
· Lab: Managing SharePoint 2016 solutions
7 – Connecting People
· Planning user profiles
· Enabling My Sites and social features
· Building communities
· Lab: Configuring profile synchronization and My Sites
· Lab: Configuring community sites
8 – Planning and Configuring Web Content Management
· Planning and implementing a web content management infrastructure
· Configuring managed navigation and catalog sites
· Supporting multiple languages and locales
· Planning and managing design and customization
· Supporting mobile users
· Lab: Configuring managed navigation and catalog sites
· Lab: Configuring device channels
9 – Planning and Configuring Enterprise Content Management
· Planning content management
· Planning and configuring eDiscovery
· Planning records management
· Lab: Configuring eDiscovery in SharePoint 2016
· Lab: Configuring records management in SharePoint 2016
10 – Planning and Configuring Business Intelligence Solutions
· Planning a business intelligence architecture
· Deploying and managing business intelligence services
· Lab: Configuring PowerPivot for SharePoint 2016
11 – Planning and Configuring Work Management and Productivity
· Aggregating tasks with the Work Management Service
· Planning and configuring collaboration features
· Planning and configuring composites
· Lab: Configuring project sites
· Lab: Configuring a workflow
12 – Upgrading & Migrating to SharePoint 2016
· Preparing for an upgrade or migration
· Planning an upgrade process
· Planning and managing a site collection upgrade
· Upgrading for advanced scenarios
· Lab: Performing a content database migration and upgrade from Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
· Lab: Managing site collection upgrades