This course will provide students with the knowledge and skills to plan and administer a Microsoft SharePoint 2016 environment. The course teaches students how to deploy, administer, and troubleshoot their SharePoint environment.
Length Days: 5 | Length Hours: 40
Before attending this course, students must have knowledge of: Software management in a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 enterprise server environment; Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud; Administering IIS; Configuring AD DS for use in authentication, authorization, and as a user store; Managing an application remotely by using Windows PowerShell 4.0; Managing databases and server roles in SQL Server.
Connecting applications to SQL Server; Implementing claims-based security; Using Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines.
The course is targeted at experienced IT professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud. Students typically have more than one year of hands-on experience* with planning and maintaining SharePoint and two years’ experience with other core technologies on which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or later, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking infrastructure services.
· After completing this course, students will be able to:
· Describe the key features of SharePoint 2016.
· Design an information architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Design a logical architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Design the physical architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Install and configure SharePoint 2016.
· Create and configure web applications and site collections.
· Plan and configure service applications for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Manage users and permissions, and secure content in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Configure authentication in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Configure platform and farm-level security in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Manage information taxonomy in SharePoint web applications and site collections.
· Configure and manage user profiles and audiences.
· Configure and manage the search experience in SharePoint 2016.
· Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
1 – Introducing SharePoint 2016
· The key components of a SharePoint deployment
· New features in SharePoint 2016
· SharePoint 2016 deployment options
2 – Designing an Information Architecture
· Identifying business requirements
· Understanding business requirements for information architecture
· Organizing information in SharePoint 2016
· Planning for discoverability
· Lab: Designing an information architecture – Part one
· Lab: Creating an information architecture – Part two
3 – Designing a Logical Architecture
· Overview of a SharePoint 2016 logical architecture
· Documenting your logical architecture
· Lab: Designing a logical architecture
4 – Designing a Physical Architecture
· Designing the physical requirements of a SharePoint deployment
· Designing supporting software for the physical components of a SharePoint deployment
· SharePoint farm topologies
· Mapping a logical architecture design to a physical architecture design
· Lab: Designing a physical architecture
5 – Installing & Configuring SharePoint 2016
· Installing SharePoint 2016
· Scripting the installation and configuring a SharePoint 2016 environment
· Configuring SharePoint 2016 farm settings
· Lab: Provisioning SharePoint 2016
· Lab: Configuring SharePoint 2016
6 – Creating Web Applications & Site Collections
· Creating web applications
· Configuring web applications
· Creating and configuring site collections
· Lab: Creating and configuring web applications
· Lab: Creating and configuring site collections
7 – Planning & Configuring Service Applications
· Introduction to the service application architecture
· Creating and configuring service applications
· Lab: Configuring services and service applications
8 – Managing Users, Permissions, and Securing Content
· Configuring authorization in SharePoint 2016
· Managing access to content
· Lab: Managing users and groups
· Lab: Securing content in SharePoint 2016
9 – Configuring Authentication for SharePoint 2016
· Overview of authentication
· Configuring federated authentication
· Configuring server-to-server authentication
· Lab: Configuring SharePoint 2016 to use federated identities
10 – Securing a SharePoint 2016 Deployment
· Securing the platform
· Configuring farm-level security
· Lab: Configuring SharePoint 2016 communication security
· Lab: Configuring farm-level security
11 – Managing Taxonomy
· Managing content types
· Understanding managed metadata
· Configuring the managed metadata service
· Lab: Configuring content-type propagation
· Lab: Configuring and using the managed metadata service
12 – Configuring User Profiles
· Configuring the User Profile service application
· Managing user profiles and audiences
· Lab: Configuring user profiles
· Lab: Configuring and managing user profiles
13 – Configuring Enterprise Search
· Understanding the Search service architecture
· Configuring the Search service
· Managing Enterprise Search
· Lab: Configuring Enterprise Search
· Lab: Optimizing the search experience
14 – Monitoring and Maintaining a SharePoint 2016 Environment
· Monitoring a SharePoint environment
· Tuning and optimizing a SharePoint environment
· Planning and configuring caching
· Troubleshooting a SharePoint environment
· Lab: Monitoring a SharePoint 2016 deployment
· Lab: Investigating page load times