This course teaches IT professionals how to integrate their on-premises AD DS environment with Azure AD and how to use Azure AD as a directory service. It also teaches candidates how to use Azure RMS to protect sensitive documents.
Length Days: 2 | Length Hours: 16
The primary audience for this course is existing IT professionals who have some knowledge and experience with Azure, and advanced experience with the Windows Server operating system. In addition, IT professionals who take this course typically want to develop knowledge of identity services integration between on-premises services and cloud services. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in cloud identity and access technologies.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge, who are looking for more advanced identity training for Azure services.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Compare Azure AD to AD DS, perform Azure AD tenant provisioning, and manage objects and user roles in Azure AD.
- Implement and configure directory synchronization and manage synchronized directories.
- Use Azure AD as a directory service for an on-premises environment, configure single sign-on (SSO) in Azure AD, and protect privileged identities.
- Implement multi-factor authentication.
- Implement Azure RMS and integrate Azure RMS with on-premises services.
- Configure alerts and monitor directory services infrastructure.
1 – Introducing Azure AD
- Azure AD overview
- Implementing and configuring Azure AD
- Managing Azure AD
- Lab : Creating and managing an Azure AD tenant
2 – Integrating on-premises Active Directory with Azure
- Extending an on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure
- Directory synchronization overview
- Implementing and configuring directory synchronization
- Managing synchronized directories
- Lab : Implementing directory synchronization
3 – Using Azure AD as a directory service in hybrid environments
- Azure AD as a directory service for on-premises environments
- Configuring SSO with Azure AD
- Implementing Azure AD PIM
- Lab : Using Azure AD in hybrid environments
4 – Configuring and protecting authentication in hybrid environments
- Authenticating users in hybrid environments
- Implementing multi-factor authentication
- Lab : Configuring authentication in hybrid environments
5 – Deploying Azure RMS with on-premises services
- RMS overview
- Implementing Azure RMS
- Integrating Azure RMS with on-premises services
- Lab : Implementing Azure RMS
6 – Monitoring Azure AD
- Azure AD reporting
- Monitoring Azure AD
- Lab : Configuring reporting and monitoring