This covers a range of components, including Azure Compute, Azure Storage, and network services that customers can benefit from when deploying hybrid solutions.
Length Days: 3 | Length Hours: 24
This course is intended for IT professionals and development operations (DevOps) professionals who are well versed in on-premises technologies and who have some knowledge of cloud technologies but want to learn more about integrating their on-premises environments with Azure. These professionals should have at least three years of experience working in their respective fields—typically, in the areas of on-premises system administration or network administration, in addition to DevOps support. These IT professionals have broadly applicable administration and operational skills, and they generally work for both enterprise-level organizations and small and medium business environments.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the core concepts of Azure.
- Explain the primary methods for integrating an on-premises environment with Azure Virtual Machines and Azure Cloud Services.
- Describe Azure hybrid networking technologies.
- Describe the Azure services that provide data storage, management, and analytics capabilities in hybrid scenarios.
- Explain the use of Azure disaster recovery and business continuity solutions for on-premises environments.
- Explain how to design and implement cross-premises applications.
- Describe Azure monitoring and management solutions that offer hybrid capabilities.
1 – Introduction to Microsoft Azure
- Overview of cloud computing and Azure
- Overview of the Azure deployment models
- Lab : Use Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, and Microsoft Visual Studio to deploy and manage Azure resources
2 – Integrating with Azure Compute services
- Overview of Azure virtual machines and Azure cloud services
- Migrating workloads to Azure virtual machines by using virtual machine images and disks
- Extending HPC workloads to Azure
- Integrating compute workloads by using containers and Azure Service Fabric
- Lab : Uploading an on-premises virtual disk file to Azure
- Lab : Moving containers between on-premises Hyper V virtual machines and Azure virtual machines
3 – Integrating with Microsoft Azure virtual networks
- Overview of Azure Virtual Network Service
- Extending on-premises networks to Azure
- Lab : Implementing a point-to-site VPN by using Azure Resource Manager
4 – Integrating with Azure Storage and data services
- Overview of Azure Storage and data services
- Implementing Azure Backup for on-premises workloads
- Lab : Implementing the Azure Recovery Services agent-based backups
5 – Designing and implementing Azure Site Recovery solutions
- Overview of Site Recovery
- Planning for Site Recovery
- Implementing Site Recovery with Azure as the disaster recovery site
- Lab : Implementing protection of on-premises Hyper-V virtual machines in Azure by using Site Recovery
6 – Designing and implementing cross-premises applications
- Overview of cross-premises application capabilities and their design considerations
- Implementing cross-premises solutions for desktop, web, and mobile apps
- Lab : Implementing Traffic Manager
7 – Integrating operations and application monitoring and management
- Overview of the cross-premises monitoring and management capabilities of Microsoft Azure
- Implementing cross-premises Azure monitoring and management solutions
- Lab : Implementing Azure Automation