During this course, students will be introduced to the principles of cloud computing and will become familiar with how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure.
Length Days: 2
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A basic understanding of websites;
- A basic understanding of Active Directory concepts including: Domains, Users, Domain Controllers;
- A basic understanding of database concepts including tables and simple queries.
This course is intended for individuals who want to evaluate deploying, configuring, and administering services and VMs using Azure, including:
- Developers who want to evaluate creating Azure solutions.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate the migration of on-premises Active Directory services and roles to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services.
- Database administrators who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host SQL databases.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
- Describe and create Azure Web Apps.
- Create and configure VMs in Microsoft Azure.
- Create an Azure virtual network.
- Describe Azure storage.
- Describe and deploy databases in Azure.
- Describe Azure AD.
1 – GETTING STARTED WITH MICROSOFT AZURE
- What is cloud computing?
- What is Azure?
- Managing Azure
- Subscription management, support, and billing
- Lab : Using the Azure portals
2 – MICROSOFT AZURE MANAGEMENT TOOLS
- What is Azure PowerShell
- The Azure SDK and the Azure CLI
- Lab : Using Microsoft Azure management tools
3 – VIRTUAL MACHINES IN MICROSOFT AZURE
- Creating and configuring VMs
- Configure disks
- Lab : Creating a VM in Azure
4 – WEB APPS AND CLOUD SERVICES
- Creating and configuring web apps
- Deploying and monitoring web apps
- Creating and deploying PaaS cloud services
- Lab : Web Apps and cloud services
5 – CREATING AND CONFIGURING VIRTUAL NETWORKS
- Getting started with virtual networks
- Creating a virtual network
- Getting started with Azure Load Balancers
- Lab : Create a virtual network
6 – CLOUD STORAGE
- Understanding cloud storage
- Create and manage storage
- Lab : Configure Azure Storage
7 – MICROSOFT AZURE DATABASES
- Understanding options for relational database deployment
- Creating and connecting to Azure SQL databases
- Lab : Creating a SQL Database in Azure
8 – CREATING AND MANAGING AZURE AD
- Overview of Azure AD
- Manage Azure AD authentication
- Lab : Create users in Azure Active Directory tenants